Go, therefore, and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe everything I have commanded you. And remember, I am with you always, to the end of the age.” - Matthew 28:19-20
First Baptist Church exists...
To honor and glorify God by obeying Jesus' command to make disciples of all people groups. We accomplish this through our Mission, Values, and Core Values.
To Lovingly Reach, Teach, Grow and Celebrate All People for Jesus Christ.
And now these three remain: faith hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.” - 1 Corinthians 13:13
At First Baptist, Vacaville, we value the Bible and sound Christian doctrine, diversity and inclusiveness, family and children, prayer and communication, love and acceptance.
The Principles on Which We Stand...
Most important to us:
- The Bible: Authoritative, inerrant, our standard for truth and obedience
- Christ-Centered Living: Loving the Lord God with our whole hearts
- Dependency on God for every area of our lives
- Prayer: Individual and corporate prayer as crucial in doing God's work
- Equipping Believers for a passion-driven, gift-based ministry
- Missions: Taking Christ to the nations by giving, praying, and going
How we do ministry:
- Loving Relationships: Acceptance, caring for others, forgiving
- Contemporary Worship: Vibrant, heartfelt, reflective
- Small Groups for spiritual growth and relationship building
- Strengthening families along with strong youth, children's, and young adult ministries
- Empowering Leadership