ABOUT OUR CHURCH
All different. All together. Altogether different.
First Baptist Church of Vacaville is a community of like-minded believers rooted in the love of God. We believe worship is something expressed in everything we do, and our core values are deeply rooted in the Bible, life’s only guidebook.
We are an intentionally multi-cultural congregation, reaching all people—regardless of what they look like or where they come from—for Jesus Christ. We celebrate in our diversity, learning from each other, growing together, and praising God, unified and bonded by His saving grace.
Come as you are and join us in experiencing God’s grace for yourself.
To love God, love others, and make disciples together.
“‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’" ~ Matthew 22:37-39 (NIV)
As followers of Christ, we believe these two elements—loving the Lord and loving others—are inextricably linked. It's impossible to achieve one without the other. At FBCVV, our love for others—our love for you—begins with our deep and earnest love for the Lord. We believe that when people experience the love of God through his people, they will also become followers of Christ.
To reach the next generation for God.
We will not hide them from their descendants; we will tell the next generation the praiseworthy deeds of the Lord, his power, and the wonders he has done. ~ Psalm 78:4 (NIV)
Someone once said, "If we don't teach our children to follow Christ, the world will teach them not to." We believe that reaching kids where they are—at a level that makes sense to them—ensures they have the proper mindset and the right skill set to face an increasingly challenging world. For that reason, we use every opportunity to teach kids about the wonders and goodness of Christ.
At FBCVV, we share a common set of core values, unwavering principles by which we live.
- Prayer—We are people who dwell in His presence and power, praying first and acting second.
- God's Word—God's word is our guide and authority in navigating our daily lives.
- Sharing the Gospel—We obey God's call to go and make disciples of all nations.
- Faith—We continually walk by faith and follow the Holy Spirit's movement in our lives.
- Family and Community—God created us to live in deep relationships with Him and each other, not living alone but doing life together as God's family.
- Reaching the Next Generation—We believe in equipping and training the next generation to join God's kingdom movement.
- Honesty/Integrity—We believe in speaking the truth in love, sharing our victories and failures as we follow Jesus together.
- Worship—We believe God created us for worship. We worship in spirit and in truth, whether personally or corporately.
- Diversity—We value diversity because we believe God created all of us in His image, and our intentional diversity celebrates God's beauty in all His people.