Learn more and apply for the Senior Pastor position at First Baptist Church of Vacaville.
Senior Pastor Job Opening
Thank you for showing interest in the FBCVV Senior Pastor role. Please prayerfully review the job announcement and description before filling out the online application and submitting the requested documents for our review.
In His service,
The FBCVV Pastor Search Committee
Job Overview and Special Instructions
Our FBCVV family is praying for our new Senior Pastor, whom we believe God has already prepared to step into this leadership position. That man will have a heart to deepen his personal relationship with Jesus and to develop authentic relationships with others. Our new Senior Pastor will be excited about nurturing disciples, intentional evangelism, and seeking to discover and meet our community’s needs through ongoing ministry and outreach events.
Our Senior Pastor must be committed to continually developing his skills through leadership training, so that he can equip and encourage our leadership teams. We need a Senior Pastor who is surrendered to the Holy Spirit, living above reproach while serving as a leader in his home, in church, and in public life.
If you are interested in joining our diverse congregation, please prayerfully review the job description below, which lists the principal functions, responsibilities, job duties, and qualifications of this Senior Pastoral position.
Once you're ready to move forward, please:
- Complete the online application at the bottom of this page
- Upload your résumé and any requested materials
- Click Submit
That's it! We will continue accepting applications for the Senior Pastor position as long as this page remains active.
Disclaimer—The church leadership has the right to request references to support and validate information provided. Any deviation from facts as reported could result in the removal of your candidacy for this position.
Special Accommodations—Please make arrangements through our church office at 707.448.6209 if you need special accommodations to interview for this position.
First Baptist Church of Vacaville is an equal opportunity employer.
Senior Pastor Job Description
To lovingly reach, teach, grow, and celebrate all people for Jesus Christ.
At First Baptist, Vacaville, we envision a church that nurtures authentic, loving relationships, maintains a warm, welcoming atmosphere, places emphasis on the next generation, provides an intentional disciple-making process, and functions from a clear structure and direction.
Senior Pastor—Principle Function
The Senior Pastor of First Baptist Church of Vacaville must meet the requirements found in I Timothy 3: 1-7 and be committed to continual growth in his relationship with Jesus and his fellow believers. Surrendered to the Holy Spirit, he will seek wisdom and discernment for leadership in his home, public, and private life. He will provide the church with tools for spiritual formation. He will equip and encourage spiritual leaders to join him in serving the congregation and the wider Vacaville community through evangelism and edification. He must agree with our Baptist distinctives, accepting the Holy Bible as the sole authority for faith, and performing the ordinances of the church - baptism by immersion and the Lord’s Supper. He will teach the value of church membership. Through nurturing genuine relationships and developing godly leadership, the Senior Pastor will encourage all believers to live as devoted disciples of Jesus Christ.
The Senior Pastor is responsible for the overall leadership and pastoral care of church staff, volunteers, and members toward the accomplishment of the church’s mission and vision. He will advise and offer accountability to ministry leaders who are responsible for their ministry teams. He will oversee all ministry areas with the support of church staff and ministry leaders. The Senior Pastor will lead in, or supervise, the church’s short- and long-term strategic planning. The Senior Pastor will report to the Deacon Body, whose members are responsible for offering him prayerful support, help, encouragement, and accountability as they work together to serve the church body.
Candidates must possess the following qualifications:
- A minimum of a Master of Divinity from an accredited seminary.
- Evidence of ministerial ordination in the Baptist tradition.
- A minimum of five years service as a Senior Pastor with confirming references from church leadership or ministry partners.
- The ability to communicate with confidence and clarity.
- Experience with, and a commitment toward, community outreach.
- The ability to present engaging and sound Biblical messages in person and via recorded media.
- Proven ability to resolve conflicts, providing accountability and biblical counseling for singles, married couples, families, and youth.
- Experience working with a diverse congregation and community, demonstrating inclusiveness of all races, genders, religions, ages, socio-economic statuses, and cultures.
- Demonstrated intentionality with evangelistic efforts.
- Confidence and a willingness to learn new ways to navigate technology, while demonstrating comfort in leading ministry efforts online.
- $72,000 base salary
- Paid vacation
For Full Consideration, Candidates must submit the following with their application:
- A completed application with current résumé.
- Four references who can verify title, time in position, and character.
- A personal testimony of how you came to Christ, including any past or current struggles.
- Samples of articles, essays, blog posts, or sermons that demonstrate your communication skills.
- A brief description of verifiable community outreach events, both directly and through ministry teams, completed within the past five years.
- Links to audio or video recorded messages preached over the last three years.
- Four examples of conflict resolution through biblical counseling that include resolutions for singles, married couples, families, and youth. Please do not disclose names in these examples.
- A brief description of recent events, or examples, that demonstrate your ability to work with a diverse community and congregation.
- Evidence of evangelistic effort in specific evangelistic events over the last five years.
- A brief description of recent technology use and its benefits or results in growing or nurturing church members or visitors.
If desired, you may download a PDF of the complete job description.
Thank you again for your interest in applying for the Senior Pastor position at First Baptist Church of Vacaville. Please be in prayer as you complete this application and throughout the selection process. We are praying for you and your family as we process applications, interview potential candidates, and select the leader God already chose and is preparing to step into this leadership position. To God be the glory, the honor, and the praise!
Senior Pastor Job Application